What can I do to improve my child's behavior?
Many parents have questions about their child's behavior, especially how to improve it. Your child's behavior will depend on your child's age and development. Learn more behavior tips by clicking on one of the following categories:
This information was adapted from the following resources:
- Your Toddler
- This guide is designed to help you understand your toddler's behaviors and capabilities including typical characteristics of toddler-hood, appropriate discipline techniques, common behavior problems, and solutions for frequently asked questions from parents.
- Does your preschooler's behavior and attitude surprise you? In this section, you will be able to learn about common characteristics of preschoolers, challenges your preschooler is experiencing, helpful suggestions to behavior problems, parenting tips, and solutions to common concerns.
- Your Kindergartener/First Grader
- Are you interested in the different characteristics and challenges that your kindergartener or first-grader might be experiencing? Here you'll find information on how to handle typical behavior problems, frequently asked questions from real parents just like you, helpful parenting tips and other important information that will be beneficial to your child's development.
- Nelsen, J., Lott, L., Glenn, H.S. (1999). Positive Discipline A-Z: 1001 Solutions to Everyday Parenting Problems. 2nd Ed. Roseville, CA: Prima Publishing.
- Nelsen, J., Erwin, C., and Duffy, R. (1998). Positive Discipline for Pre-Schoolers: For Their Early Years - Raising Children Who Are Responsible, Respectful, and Resourceful. 2nd Ed. Roseville, CA: Prima Publishing.
- Nelsen, J. (1996). Positive Discipline. New York: Random House, Inc.: Ballantine Books.
Copyright © 2008, CASRC, all rights reserved.