This section is filled with helpful tips to enhance your child's development. You'll also find useful suggestions that will help you build a loving relationship with your child.
What can I do to improve my child's behavior?
- Behavior is a big concern for many parents. This section will help you understand your child's developmental level in relation to your child's actions and behaviors. We'll lead you through important characteristics and appropriate behavior for the different developmental stages for Toddlers, Preschoolers and Kindergarten/First Graders. You'll also find answers to frequently asked questions you may have about your child's behavior.
How can I access mental health services for my child?
- This section will provide you with important numbers and procedures for what to do if you have mental health concerns about your child. Help is available, and this section will help you learn how to access services in San Diego for emergency and non-emergency situations.
- How do I help my child's speech and language skills?
- Your child's speech and language starts to develop from birth. There are many things you can do to help your child build these important communication skills. Here you will learn about appropriate speech and language development, age appropriate examples of communication for interacting with your child, and tips for helping your child read.
- What can I do to improve my child's motor development?
- Children's motor development begins at birth. Although children develop skills at their own pace, there are play activities you can do to promote strength, balance, coordination and body awareness. Here you will find helpful tips on promoting motor skills in infants, toddlers and preschoolers.
Copyright © 2008, CASRC, all rights reserved.